Saturday, June 13, 2009

Waiting is the hardest part

The last four months of my life have been a blur. Between working 60 hours a week, building a house, keeping up with another, and taking care of wedding duties I have barely had time to sit still for very long. Now that the chaos has subsided I have a lot more time to occupy and a lot more time to think about all that has, and is about to happen.

I'm pretty much over this whole bachelor living thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I got it out of my system but it's just not for me. As my parents were leaving this afternoon, heading back to KY after spending a couple of days with me, I really hated to see them go. The house always seems so empty and quite after company leaves...it's kind of depressing. Even Allie had a look of disappointment as they pulled out of the drive.

I realized today how much I miss Ashley and how much I depend on her for stability in my life. Our whole relationship has been like a Nicholas Sparks novel and I feel like I have reached the end of a chapter that grabs your curiosity and forces you to go on to the next, but I have no choice but to wait. I feel like my whole life has been leading up to this point and I am right on the verge of beginning the purpose God has intended for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment