Saturday, June 6, 2009

My thoughts on marriage

So I created this blog by request of my soon to be wife Ashley Driver. Our wedding is in 3 weeks and I absolutely cannot wait. I really don't understand what the big deal is. Don't get me wrong, this will be one of the biggest days of my life, but I don't understand why so many people look at marriage like a prison sentence. All my life I've heard people talk about how hard marriage is and how the woman controls everything and the man just walks around saying "yes dear" all the time that it's a wonder that I even considered marriage at all. The way I see it I'm about to marry my best friend in the whole world and I get to spend every day with her for the rest of my life. Now granted, it won't always be easy but that's what makes it fun. Maybe I'm naive, maybe I'm in denial, or maybe, just maybe I know exactly what I'm getting into and I'm ready for this challenge. At any rate, I am the happiest man in the world. God has blessed me with so much that it would be an insult to Him if I weren't. Check back for more updates. I promise they wont all be so serious. God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment